I was watching Michael Douglas on the Dave Letterman Late Night Show the other night (season 17, episode 3181). There was a great interchange between Dave and Michael.
- Dave Letterman (DL): In that community, certainly, you’re still closely associated with that role. Do you still get people talking to you?
- Michael Douglas (MD): I do! Probably more than any role I have ever had! But usually it’s some very drunk Wall Street guy saying “You’re the man! You’re the man! You’re the reason I got into Wall Street!” I say “But I was the bad guy!”. They say “Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, no, no” [totally dismissing the concern, it doesn’t matter].
- DL: Wow! Maybe you started everything! [the global financial crisis!]
- MD: Yeah, yeah.
- DL: That’s a pretty heavy responsibility!
- MD: It’s a heavy responsibility, yeah.